22 August 2011

MMAM - Vol. 42

So I suck. I haven't blogged, but I have been lurking around blogs liked Rachel's Reel Reviews, Man I Love Films (man, I love that site), and Random Ramblings of a Demented Doorknob. If these sites aren't already on your blogroll, stop reading this pronto (but come back) and add 'em. You won't regret it. Alright, now that I've done my sucking up to those guys, time to bring this blog back into style, and what better way to do so than with a new edition of Much Music Awesomeness Monday(s)?

I'm in school mode (big surprise considering school resumes in mere hours), and for some reason, I associate school with AMERICAN PIE even though with the exception of the first, none of the films are really don't center around school. That aside, here's the opening song from AMERICAN PIE 2 from Blink 182. You can also blame the girlfriend for this. We downloaded a CD called "The Edge" with a bunch of punk/rock music from the 90's, and it rekindled my love for the band. However, I could have easily done without enduring Hoobastank's damn "The Reason." Bloody hell, shoot me now.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

American Pie always reminds me of college, because I was in college for at least two releases of the original trilogy.

I'm with you on Hoobastank.

Anonymous said...

Hey I love The Reason, but that's the only Hoobastank song I know, ahah.

Welcome back to blogging again, Andy, btw thanks for the awesome comment you left me on the First Class post. Glad you enjoyed it. I look forward to your own list of Scott Pilgrim :D

Dylan said...

Your sucking up has been duly noted in the Sucking Up Guide on our site. You earned 14 brownie points with that one - congrats! Just 986 more and you'll be eligible for a used DVD of your choice!

Anyway, fair enough on using a Blink song in connection with American Pie, what with them being in the first flick and all. I always forget that until I watch it again. Good times. Hate the second flick, though, and no interest in the third (or any future ones).

Andrew Simon said...

Alan - You lookin' forward to AMERICAN REUNION at all?

Ruth - Y'know, you're absolutely welcome for the X-MEN comment. Meant every word. Great post. And thanks for the welcome back. It feels good to write about movies and TV shows again! :) Now, about "The Reason", I don't so much hate it as much as I got sick of it when it aired after being played 112 million times a day, and I guess that "ugh"ness just sorta stuck...

Dylan - Awesome! Thank you, sir. Now I'm committed to figuring out how to achieve 986 more points. Thanks for stopping by again after my absence. Cheers!