30 June 2012

Movie Prowlin: 2012 Edition, Vol. 2

You could say that I've really sorta majorly lost my groove this year. I stick a good amount of that blame on lack of money. Damn you, lack of money, damn you! But then I can't help but dislike myself for not reviewing a single damn one of these flicks - er, well nearly every single damn one of these flicks. That said, I plan on giving my two cents about each and every one of these 2012 releases as soon as possible. Since next month will primarily be based around Batman and worshiping all things related to the Dark Knight, reviews will be forthcoming in August.

Compared to this time 2011, yeah, I've really dropped the ball. Frankly, 2012 may be the year where I transition from loving movies and finding them the best thing in the universe, to falling in love with television and everything it has to offer. I mean, c'mon, I've already hit twenty-two full seasons watched, and with 22-24 episodes per season, that be a lot of time! Blimey! Anyone else love themselves this much TV?

But what I will say in regards to 2012 cinema is that it's been more interesting than last year. Cabin in the Woods recontextualized a whole genre, The Hunger Games opened the movie industry's eyes that women can kick major ass too, The Avengers have solidified Joss Whedon's name as The Man, no longer loved by just a devout few, and plenty of big budget productions have been failing to hit the mark (e.g., Battleship, Snow White and the Huntsman) while smaller (but still sizable) productions have either refused to leave my mind or impressed me far more than I could have expected (e.g., The Grey and Dark Shadows, respectively). And now July offers up two movies I couldn't anticipate more.

Like I said. Interesting year.

Oh! And just wanted to say, after viewing Final Destination 5 in 3D, I don't know why, but home theater 3D has impressed me far more than theatrical screenings have. So, despite my dislike for the ticket prices and BR prices of 3D, perhaps - just perhaps - there's something to the whole thing after all...cos that was really something. Also, if you have the chance, Adventures of Tintin was pretty damn awesome in 3D, as well.

Movies Watched from 01 April 2012 - 30 June 2012

39. The Woman in Black
40. The Cabin in the Woods
41. Shame
42. American Reunion
43. The Hunger Games
44. Underworld: Awakening
45. The Avengers
46. The Avengers
47. The Sitter
48. Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
49. The Darkest Hour
50. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
51. The Five-Year Engagement
52. The Lucky One
53. John Carter
54. The Grey
55. Battleship
56. Dark Shadows
57. The Avengers
58. The Cabin in the Woods
59. The Avenges
60. New Year's Eve
61. Men in Black 3
62. Mirror Mirror
63. Dark Shadows
64. Snow White and the Huntsman
65. In Time
66. One For the Money
67. Tower Heist
68. Transformers: Dark of the Moon
69. Ted
70. Prometheus
71. What To Expect When You're Expecting
72. Blade Runner
73. Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
74. Rock of Ages
75. That's My Boy
76. Jane Eyre
77. Hunger
78. Final Destination 5 [3D]
79. Fright Night
80. A Dangerous Method
81. Fish Tank
82. Angel
83. Centurion
84. Brave
85. Seeking a Friend at the End of the World
86. A Guy Thing
87. American Reunion
88. Piranha 3DD
89. People Like Us

TV Seasons Watched from 01 April 2012 - 30 June 2012

19. House: Season 3
20. House: Season 7
21. Parks & Recreation: Season 2
22. Parks & Recreation: Season 3

No comments: