20 July 2013

MMAM: Vol. 58

Well hello!

Nearly a year absence from blog writing, I thought I'd begin anew with celebrating Hans Zimmer's amazing score for The Lone Ranger. Sure, the movie itself was less than spectacular, filled with faults, but one of its mighty strengths was the score.

Over the last two weeks I've been playing the soundtrack repeatedly on my iPod, and I'm not growing tired of it. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that not only does this summer, but the whole year (to this point), belongs to Hans Zimmer. This and his Man of Steel score are nothing short of magnificent, true, shining highlights of 2013. And with all that pomp, I present to you this 9-minute track that accompanies the far-fetched but enormously entertaining climax of The Lone Ranger, fittingly titled, "Finale" . . .


No comments: