13 June 2011

MMAM - Vol. 38

Anyone following my Facebook will know that I just acquired a super awesome gizmo thingy called a iPod Touch. It's marvelous. Opens new doorways to paths unexplored. I feel like James T. Kirk on board the Enterprise and pressing every button of his newly constructed star-ship with absolute glee. As I was going through my music library, lo and behold, I have some Godzilla tracks I completely forgot about. I would love to play some Michiru Oshima for you guys, from the marvelous GODZILLA X MECHAGODZILLA, but no one on YouTube has it (evil people!). So, instead, here's a (bonus) track from GODZILLA, MOTHRA, KING GHIDORAH: GIANT MONSTERS ALL OUT ATTACK, featuring the magnificent Akira Ifukube's legendary monster theme. Created in the 1960s, it's been a sort of staple of Toho daikaiju eiga, specifically the Godzilla franchise.

Ifukube has crafted some seriously brilliant themes over his long career (which includes some Kurosawa films, I believe), and his monster march is definitely one of the top ten. Do enjoy!


No comments: