01 February 2011

Geek Bits: Justified Season 2 Equals O-M-G!

Earlier today I just finished the third and final disc of JUSTIFIED: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON, and sent it back to Netflix (with the first disc of SONS OF ANARCHY season one on its way next). For anyone who hasn't watched the series and are reading this right now, I frankly can't recommend this show enough. Back when the series first aired, I was perusing Comcast On Demand and came across the first four episodes. All four were watched that evening. JUSTIFIED stars Timothy Olyfantastic as Raylan Givens, a US Marshal who is one hell of a gunslinger. It also co-stars Walton Goggins, one of the finest actors working on television today (need evidence? Look no further than the last three seasons of THE SHIELD), as Boyd Crowder, a once crazy man not too far off from the Joker who has since decided to change his ways (he found religion). Each episode is filled with sharp, clever dialogue, rich and complex characters, shootouts, and all around awesomeness. For a rather brilliant write-up of five reasons why JUSTIFIED is great, I defer you to a nice piece written by Fletch over at Blog Cabins.

In preparation for the launch of JUSTIFIED's second season, airing 9 February 2011, FX has been posting trailers seemingly every other week. Normally, I'd just let this go and write about the show on the latest edition of The Watcher (which I will review, keep in mind), but I came across the following ad and I couldn't stop myself. It's so brilliant, so awesome, and so keeping in tune with the tone of the show. Plus, the major geek in me just couldn't pass up the opportunity to post this. Ladies and gentlemen, even if you have no interest in JUSTIFIED - which I feel inclined to advise is unfortunate - take a peak at this 30-second TV spot. Fans of STAR WARS, prepare to laugh your heads off (or groan in displeasure at remembering George Lucas and his excessive need for 'fixing' things; perhaps he needs to be sent to a mystical island and learn to let go?).

God, I love this show.

4 comments:

Fletch said...

Haha - you rock. Head back to my site for a return favor and a mea culpa.

God, I love this show and can't wait for it's return. The spots are pretty awesome, and this is the best.

Off-topic...I see you just watched Due Date. Whadja think?

Health Monitor said...

I am a geek girl and was reading up on the latest in Comic Con searching when I came across your post. I thought I would share with you that Comcast launched an app for their users that gives you mobile TV. It's Mobile in your home for your iPad. I work at DISH Network and just wanted to get the word out to fellow geeks, that there is TVeverywhere available that you can take "everywhere" not just in your home. Try it out. Go to dish.com/tveverywhere for more info.

Andrew Simon said...

Fletch - Thanks, dude! From the advance reviews of the premiere, sounds like we're in for quite the second season treat. If you want to spoil yourself the details: http://www.beyondhollywood.com/tv-review-justified-season-2-premiere-the-moonshine-war/

As for DUE DATE, I can't exactly say it was fun. Downey was good, Galifrakyou was just painful, and not in a full goofy way. The audience dug it more then me. It's just it seemed a lot of the jokes seemed regurgitated from other, superior efforts. But for a free campus screening, I can't complain too much. You seen it yet?

Fletch said...

Nope - no interest in spoilin' nothing.

Due Date for free ain't bad. I was pretty let down by it. Had a couple moments, but just didn't bring the funny enough.