13 December 2010

Simply Script: No. 2



DOCTOR WHO

4.18. "The End of Time, Part Two"
Written by Russell T. Davies


WILF
I'm sorry.

THE DOCTOR
Sure.

WILF
Just leave me.

THE DOCTOR
Okay! Right then! I will! Cos you had to go in there, didn't you?! You had to go and get stuck, oh yes! Cos that's who you are, Wilfred. You were always this. Waiting for me. All this time.

WILF
But really. Leave me. I'm an old man, Doctor. I've had my time.

THE DOCTOR
Well exactly! Look at you. Not remotely important. But me! I could do so much more. So! Much! More! But this is what I get. My reward! And it's not fair!!!

- proper fury, turning away to lash out, kicking something -

Then silence.

Then quiet, calm:

THE DOCTOR
Lived too long.

He walks back towards the OPEN BOOTH.

WILF
...don't, please Doctor, no don't, please don't, sir, please...

The Doctor's hand on the door.

THE DOCTOR
Wilfred. It's my honour.

WILF
But you're better than me.

THE DOCTOR
Don't you ever say that.

No comments: