20 December 2010

Simply Script: No. 3

It's the holiday season (in case the snow outside didn't quite convey the idea), so I thought it'd be appropriate to have a holiday-themed installment of this feature. The following is just a hint of the magnificence that is the Lex Luthor character given so many multiple dimensions in this television series. Forget Clark Kent, Lex Luthor was the most captivating, complex bloke in the entire saga. Perhaps one day I'll write a essay on the character; give me a excuse to watch the first seven seasons again...



SMALLVILLE
S05E09. "Lexmas"
Written by Holly Harold


LEX
I thought you didn't make house calls.

GRIFF
Giving the circumstances, I made an exception.

LEX
Ah, not to worry, Griff. We Luthors are made of pretty tough and definitely expensive material.

GRIFF
Are you sure your morphine drop isn't turned up too high?

LEX
Well, it's not everyday one has a near death experience. And it's true, much like Ebenezer Scrooge, I realized that what I want more than anything is to live happily ever after, and do you know what the secret to happiness is? Power, money, and power. See, once you have those two things, you can secure everything else and keep it that way.

GRIFF
So, what am I doing here, Lex?

LEX
I want you to pull the grenade. Find it, fake it, do whatever it takes to knock Jonathan Kent out of the race. I wanna be Senator. I want it all.

GRIFF
Consider it done. Merry Christmas.

No comments: