29 September 2010

31 Movie Days: 29

Day 29 - Movie Watched More Than 10 Times

Nearly everything in my DVD collection I've had repeated viewings of. I'd say there's about half of them that I've watched about ten times, and perhaps about fifteen I've watched over ten times. First and foremost is, of course, STAR WARS - EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH. After all, what type of fan would I be if I hadn't watched this gorgeous movie repeatedly? At last count, I saw it seven times theatrically, and hell if I know how many times on DVD. Another one: THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK, a sci-fi flick with Vin Diesel that doesn't get the proper love it deserves, frankly. There's just something so immensely enjoyable about that production, and boasts enormous rewatch value. The Edgar Wright/Simon Pegg combo HOT FUZZ has been watched ten times over, and I have no doubt in my mind the five-time-theatrical experience of SCOTT PILGRIM will be added on with a good fifty more viewings on home video. Christopher Nolan's masterpiece THE DARK KNIGHT was seen five times in theaters, and many, many more times on DVD/Blu-Ray. Same goes for David Yates' HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX, a movie that flies by thanks to the fantastic screenplay and precise editing. Oh, and let's not forget the AMERICAN PIE series, with each film having at minimum ten viewings, not counting commentaries, 'course.

..............


Wow, I need a life.

No comments: