30 September 2010

31 Movie Days: 31

Day 31 - Stand Up and Cheer Scene

Similar to most folks, I haven't stood up and cheered for a movie basically ever. Though, gotta admit, I quite agree with Rachel: I will definitely be one of the dudes in the audience during the midnight screening clapping, whistling, and going all bonkers when the final credits roll on HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS next year. But as far as past experiences go, when the final credits rolled in May 2005 on STAR WARS - EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH - man, was it a experience. I didn't necessarily get up and clap and whistle with everyone (bad me), but it was amazing to be in that movie theater experiencing this mass hysteria and major amount of love being thrown at the movie by these hardcore fans. So when on this blog you read me going all goo-goo ga-ga over SITH, it's much, much more than just me loving the movie - EPISODE III was the first time I truly felt I was part of this history-making experience, where everything cinema is supposed to be clicked. We were all fans, and we all just saw the proper conclusion of the STAR WARS SAGA. It was amazing, and most likely gonna be one of the best nights of my life. And that includes my future wedding. .. ... ... sorry, honey.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I think I lied on the meme. I think there may have been a standing ovation at the end of Trilogy Tuesday when LOTR: Return of the King ended.