06 September 2010

MMAM - Vol. 7

There was this little thing called DOCTOR WHO AT THE PROMS that took place in London around the end of July. Music from the recent series of DOCTOR WHO, as well as the Specials, as composed by the extraordinary Murray Gold, was conducted in front of a live audience by Ben Foster (TORCHWOOD) at the BBC Proms. The whole video's on YouTube somewhere, it's pretty freakin' awesome, as was Doctor Eleven's interaction with a young child in the audience to save them all from this orb thingy that was going to blow them all up.

The music selected for the concert was all around brilliant. There's so, so much I could use, and I was torn on my decision. Thus, today, I do a rare thing and present o you TWO tracks from the Proms. Well, more like, say four, because of all the different episodes and themes these two videos have. In "I am the Doctor" (first below), there's the Eleventh Doctor's theme, as well as music from "The Pandorica Opens." In "Vale Decem", you get the Gallifrey theme from series 3 "The Sound of Drums/The Last of the Time Lords" as well as the Tenth Doctor's farewell suite from "The End of Time, Part Two." I reckon I've said it before, and I'll say it again - this music is extraordinary, and you owe it your ears to listen to its awesomeness.






No comments: